Wednesday, 4 November 2015

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer (Watermelon) Review

Burt's Bees is a American brand that offers wide range of beauty/skincare products and is very popular for their moisturizing lip care treatments specially their lip balms.All their products are made from natural ingredients.It's quite difficult to get hold of this brand in India and I'm not sure but I think burt's bees is available at Sephora in Delhi.I'm glad that i got in my October envy box because otherwise it is not possible for me to try out Burt's bees products.  







My Take

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer comes in a chap stick like packaging with a twist up mechanism.Now I've to elaborate a bit more about its twist up mechanism.While I was testing and clicking its  pictures i twisted it just enough so that i could take a proper shot of the actual lip shimmer/balm and after i was done taking photos,I twisted it in a reverse direction but instead of going back inside the plastic body,the stick started coming out more.No matter in which direction i was twisting the stick,it was only moving in upward direction and now I feel really stupid for assuming that every chap stick has a lipstick kinda twist up mechanism.I can't even properly cap it now.It has a very melting texture so I've kept it in my freezer in a vertical position.So yeah that was my experience with its packaging.

Now coming to its quality,I think that this lip shimmer from burts's bees is one of the most moisturising lip care product I've ever tried.The texture is very smooth and it instantly softens chapped and dry lips.It feels very cooling and refreshing on lips because of the peppermint oil in it.This lip shimmer has a very pretty watermelon/slightly bubble gum pink shade.It contains tiny shimmers which give a subtle wearable shine on lips.

In one swipe it gives a very natural pink hue to the lips and for a more intense look you can build up the color in multiple swipes.Staying power of the color is also nice,it stays for about 2 hours on my lips after that it starts to fade a little bit.I think that this product is really good for dry lips.It's moisturising formula is fantastic.It is made from all natural ingredients and doesn't contain parabens or any other harmful chemicals.I wish i could try more of Burt's bees lip care products.Thanks to the envy box team for providing it in October envy box.

I Rate:-4.5/5

       


have you tried burt's bees lip care products ? share your thoughts

38 comments:

  1. Lovely product you received, so pigmented. Packaging is kinda stupid ha ha.

    http://curious-and-confused-me.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah.....disappointed with the packaging :)

      Delete
  2. I love this dear!

    ** I'm inviting you to join Love, Beauty Bloggers on facebook. A place for beauty and fashion bloggers from all over the world to promote their latest posts!


    xoxo;
    BEAUTYEDITER.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a great product. And the pigmentation is quite impressive.
    BEAUTETUDE

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice lip balm, my dear!! :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds good. :) xoxo
    http://notsohardtobepretty.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's as good as lipstick with total natural product. Thumbsup

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you reviewed this already.. I really liked the look of it and the pigmentation seems great! :)

    Chic Peachy Pink

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color and I am yet to try the Burt's Bees lip balm

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pigmentation! They should change the packaging to a slim angled lipstick tube like this one: http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=484746&catid=300859&cmbProdBrandFilter=1621&aid=338666&aparam=484746&kpid=484746&CAWELAID=120142990000039476&CAGPSPN=pla

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tint is so pretty and pigmented! They make some really good lip balms. Great review!!

    Fab Bag October 2015 Festive Edition!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The tint is so cute and very pigmented. Nice lip balm. Even my maybelline lip balm comes out like this. I shamelessly push it inside with my finger no option I have. Try that same technique, once it goes inside twist the lip balm only for application!

    ReplyDelete
  12. che bel prodotto, super pigmentato

    http://bellodiesseredonna.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I quite like this. Wish I got this in my Envy box.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Aditi! Nice review..I have 2 of these ! One I had already and another I got in envy box. I had the same problem that you wrote about, I havent used the one I got in envy box, but the first one I have got has the same issue with twist up mechanism.! Its totally stupid !! :-/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Burt's Bees, but I don't know if it's because of the marketing or the packaging or the quality. Probably a mixture of all three :P I love the pomegranate lip balm! -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish i can try the pomegranate one too :) xoxo

      Delete
  16. Great pigmentation and intensely moisturizing :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an intensely pigmented lip balm ...brilliantly reviewed dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seems like a great product, am always on the hunt for super moisturising lip products. Great post!!
    Http://scentsuncorked.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I so wanna try a burt's bee lip balm!!
    http://www.allthatshelovess.blogspot.in/2015/11/festive-bridal-makeup-tutorial-video.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard nothing but raves about this one!

    http://makeupwithemmy.blogspot.in/2015/11/motd-hello-its-adele-one.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. I haven't tried this one but I have their regular non-flavoured one! Its absolutely amazing!!! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. hahahah even i had faced same thing with this lipbalm's packaging. I have this in shade rhubarb :) I love the minty sensation it gives... Nice review dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have always loved Burt Bee's.
    It does wonders :)

    Check my blog at www.mymultifaceteddiary.com
    Looking forward for your feedback.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...