Sunday, 7 August 2016

Ananda Calming Wild Rose Shampoo And Conditioner Review


Ananda wild rose shampoo and conditioner

OUT of all the products that I showed in my Nykaa haul here, review of Ananda shampoo and conditioner was by far the most requested one. Since it's a luxury brand and the products are all natural, free from harsh chemicals, I too was very excited to give their hair care range a try. I got introduced to this brand through envy box subscription. I've only tried two products from their skincare range and absolutely loved them. You can check out my reviews on these two products here and here. Ananda is a luxury destination spa in Himalayan foothills in northern India. It has its own skincare and haircare product line. Now let's get into the review.


Ananda wild rose shampoo

About Ananda wild rose shampoo


A luxurious and mild hair cleanser which binds moisture to the hair improving its overall health. Rose balances both the hair and scalp leaving a fresh, clean head of hair. Containing Shikakai, Reetha and amla extracts which have antibacterial and antifungal properties. (Price : Rs. 750/-)

First, let me brief you about the kind of hair that I have. My hairs are thin, dry and very frizzy. Also, I've been experiencing hair fall issues since past few months and because of all these things I rarely have good hair days. I wanted to try something containing natural/herbal ingredients for my stressed tresses so after reading about Ananda hair care products I decided to invest in them.

Ananda calming wild rose shampoo comes in a transparent plastic bottle with golden screw cap. The shampoo is crystal clear and has a runny consistency. It has a rose scent which is too strong for my liking but if you love sweet scents you wouldn't mind it. The shampoo lathers up well despite being all natural. To test out the shampoo I skipped applying conditioner and the results were not very good. In fact, the shampoo didn't suit my hairs at all. It leaves my hairs feeling, even more, drier and frizzy. I'm not sure whether it's the shikakai that is drying out my hair every time I use this shampoo or some other ingredient. I've used shikakai and reetha powder on my hair in past and it just sucks the moisture out of my hairs. I had to stop using it because it was making my already dry hair look more lifeless and I was loosing more hair while detangling. My mother has normal hair and although this shampoo doesn't trouble her hair that much but she also didn't like using it.

Ananda wild rose conditioner



About Ananda wild rose conditioner


A luxurious hair conditioner with anti-inflammatory and purifying properties of Indian rose. Containing pure essential oils of rose. (Price : Rs. 800/-)

When using the shampoo alone didn't work out for me, I was like following up with the conditioner would at least calm down some frizziness of my hairs. But as much as I hate admitting it, the conditioner also failed to smooth my hair strands. It's pale white in color and has very thin creamy consistency. This again has a very strong rose scent. I had to use a quite a generous amount of this conditioner to properly condition my hairs. Sadly even after keeping it on for good 5-6 mins, it didn't detangle or hydrate my dry hair. The conditioner is not at all effective in moisturising dry hair. It's totally not worth 800 bucks ! 

Unfortunately Ananda hair care products didn't work out for me. If you've normal silky hair and wanna try something which contains ingredients like shikakai, reetha and amla, maybe this might work on your hair. But if your hairs are dry and frizzy, give this shampoo and conditioner a total skip.

Have you tried Ananda products ? share your thoughts   


  

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for such an honest review. It's really sad to see a luxury brand fail! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. their skin care products are so good....sadly the shampoo and conditioner didn't work for me :(

      Delete
  2. It's really sad when such a luxury brand fails in it's claim..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the honest review. Sad that such an expensive product doesn't work...

    Recently Posted: The Nature's Co Haul

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Review...Loved it :)
    tipsoye.com posted : http://tipsoye.com/maybelline-color-show-lipstick-choco-latte-review/

    ReplyDelete
  5. It cost a bomb and doesn't work either. Disappointing product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good product! I have fine hair too and I love any scent that is "calming"! x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. *It's sad that you didn't have a good experience with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Earlier, I have also tried homemade shampoo (Amla,Reetha and shikakai)but it dried my hair badly :( I will skip these too, as they don't sound that great for my hair!! Great review, Aditi :)
    http://bit.ly/2aUtQ5n
    Natural Beauty And Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is really sad to see such an expensive product fail.I wish it worked for you.Disappointing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ouch for the price this seems to have failed badly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the review. Sad this dint work for you :(

    Recently Posted:Dark Circles – Reasons and Tips to Reduce Them !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a disappointment :( thanks for honest review :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have only ever used a Sandalwood cream from Ananda last year and it did not suit my skin at all, thereafter I did not venture into any other Ananda product, and now looking at this shampoo-conditioner duo am sure that nothing from them is going to suit my skin! It all smells amazing though..but we are not paying so much for the fragrance na :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This product is so good. Great review! Thanks for sharing!

    lulinaiem sakura viet nam
    http://sakurabeauty.vn/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really disappointing to see such expensive products fail. Very honest review <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the review...i was hoping these would be good :(
    http://senseiteve.com
    http://twosomelife.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...