Tuesday, 30 August 2016

Skincare products I've been using lately



EVER since I got into this blogging world, I have come across so many post/articles emphasizing on how important it is to give attention to your skin on an everyday basis. I've been very lazy in following a proper skin care routine in past. Also, I've never been regular with sunscreens, the damage of which is quite visible on my face in the form of dullness and tanning. And more recently in the months of July and August, my entire face broke out resulting in tiny oily bumps (all over my forehead and both cheeks). I also had two big pimples but tvam peppermint and green tea aloe vera gel made them disappear completely. Though for tiny stubborn bumps, it did not turn out to be that effective. Still, I cannot thank this product enough for fading out those big pimples entirely.

In today's post, I'm sharing a glimpse of what all skincare products I've been using recently. Starting off with a cleanser I am using Ducray keracynl foaming gel. It's meant specifically for acne prone skin and is soap and paraben free. It feels very gentle on skin. I have been using this for quite some time now and would be coming up with a full review soon. For toner, I had to go back to La roche posay thermal spring water. It's not like those strong astringents that are meant to remove all traces of dirt/makeup and leave oiling skin feeling parched. In fact, it's a soothing water. I am sure you must have heard of thermal spring waters from vichy and avene as well. They are all a little expensive but really good for skin. If you have sensitive itchiness prone skin or problems like skin rash and redness, then I'd highly recommend you to give this product a try.

Having had a nice experience with la roche posay thermal spring water, I decided to try one of their moisturisers meant for combination to oily skin. It's their toleriane fluide. The good thing about this one is that it's fragrance-free, paraben free and preservative free. Bad thing ? It is damn pricey. I read a lot about this moisturiser before buying it and now that I'm using it every day, I'm really liking the feel of this ultra light emulsion/moisturiser on my combination to oily skin (expect a review soon). 

Now for protecting my skin from the Sun, I am using this highly raved ultra sheer dry touch sunblock (SPF 50+) from Neutrogena. Instead of buying a full size I bought this in 30ml quantity to see if it works for me.The best thing about this sunblock is that it doesn't make skin shiny or oily. Once it's blended well, it doesn't leave a white cast on skin. No wonder why so many people with oily skin like using it. I might buy the full size but I also wanna try sunscreen from other brands as well so I'm just gonna wait until I finish using this up. For keeping my lips soft and supple throughout the day I'm applying natio moisturising lip balm with spf 30 and vitamin e. This lip balm is super moisturising. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky on lips at all. If you suffer from chapped dry lips then you should definitely give this lip balm a try. And finally, the last skincare product that I'm using since past few days is an aloe and cucumber under eye gel pack from natural bath and body. It contains many organic and natural ingredients but it's a little pricey for the given quantity. Though I've used this pack thrice, still I feel few more uses will help me form a better opinion on this pack to share with you all. So that are all the products I'm using in my current skincare routine. There are no scrubs and face masks products because I'm relying on home remedies made from some wonderful kitchen ingredients. 

What are some of your favourite products in your skincare routine ? Have you tried any of the above products ?    


18 comments:

  1. I also use Ducray products because my scalp is sensitive and their products are so amazing for lots of scalp conditions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried ducray hair products yet but thanks for letting me know cristina. If their products are good for scalp then I'd love to give it a try :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't used any of these products, but I am interested to try out these, as I have the same skin type like yours:) :) Loved reading this post dear.
    http://bit.ly/2bQIhbg
    Natural Beauty And Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used any products mentioned by you Aditi. I would love trying the Tvam gel though :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The products sounds very interesting. May be I will try them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice product.
    http://tipsoye.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to try more la roche posay products after trying thier cleansing gel. Daman pricy yet worth it :D Great products. I have been using Jovees sunscreen daily lately.

    Recently Posted:LA Girl Pro HD Orange corrector review

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading this post. I love the Neutrogena sunscreen. I would like to try the TVAM Aloe Vera Gel. Am currently using the Rustic Art aloe gel.

    Recently Posted: Coffee Conversations – Latest Beauty Launches & Exclusive Beauty News

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of Ducray products but from your review they seem to be really nice.I tried Vichy Thermal water,it was good but really want yo try out La Roche Posay thermal spring water.Loved all your skincare products.I have been trying a lot of Kiehl's products but haven't seen much difference in my skin as for now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice products and out of all these, I use Neutrogena sunblock and it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the post, I haven't used Ducray products but would love to try some out <3
    http://www.rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice products..I'm currently using LRP thermal spring water :)
    http://senseiteve.com
    http://twosomelife.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey such good stuff, skin must be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ducray is on my list of brands to try! I use the same sunblock in SPF 100.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Am using La Roche Posay Thermal Water too and it is quite refreshing for my skin :) Haven't seen any overnight miracles but used to get a lot of angry red eruptions on my cheeks earlier, am not getting anymore, so gonna keep using it :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The neutrogena sunscreen has been my holy grail for many many years now.
    Chica Daily

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Ducray keracynl face wash. It is one of the most gentle and effective face wash against acne.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...